Chocolate bark is a great chocolatey treat that is easy to make. Matcha mint-flavored chocolate bark is a variation on this tasty snack and in this article, we will teach you how to make it.
Matcha Mint Chocolate Bark Ingredients
- 12 ounces of dark chocolate
- 12 ounces of white chocolate
- Half a teaspoon of coconut oil
- Half a teaspoon of mint extract
- One tablespoon of matcha powder
- Four candy canes (optional)
How To Make Matcha Mint Chocolate Bark
1. Prepare a baking sheet that is 13 inches by 9 inches. Cover it with parchment paper so that you can remove your bark can clean the sheet more easily.
The depth of the baking sheet isn’t that important as your bark won’t get that thick.
2. Next, you will need to melt your dark chocolate. This is best done in a double boiler. Take a large saucepan and fill it with water. Boil the water and then reduce the heat so that the water is simmering.
3. Chop up your dark chocolate into smaller pieces and put it into a bowl. Add ¼ teaspoon of coconut oil as this will help the chocolate melt more easily.
Place the bowl into your saucepan. The heat of the water in the saucepan will slowly melt your chocolate. Keep stirring the chocolate to ensure it all melts evenly.
4. When the chocolate has fully melted, add ¼ teaspoon of mint extract to the chocolate. Stir so the mint is evenly distributed and remove the bowl from the saucepan.
5. Pour your melted dark chocolate into your prepared baking sheet. Make sure the chocolate is evenly spread by using a spatula to spread it.
Once your first chocolate layer has been spread and is even, put the baking sheet in the fridge and let it cool for 30 minutes.
6. While the dark chocolate layer is cooling, you can begin to prepare your white chocolate layer and the other ingredients. Put your white chocolate and ¼ teaspoon of coconut oil into a bowl.
Take your matcha powder and sift it through a sieve into a separate bowl. You can also crush your candy canes into small pieces if you choose to add these.
7. Once everything is prepared and at least 20 minutes have passed since you put the dark chocolate layer into the fridge, you can start to melt the white chocolate in a double boiler as you did before.
Remember to stir the chocolate constantly so that it all melts fully. After the white chocolate is fully melted, you can add the sifted matcha powder and the other ¼ teaspoon of mint extract.
Stir the ingredients together until it is an even green color, ensuring the matcha powder is uniformly distributed throughout the white chocolate.
8. Take your baking sheet with the dark chocolate out of the fridge. Pour your white chocolate and matcha mix over the dark chocolate layer, using a spatula to smooth it out where necessary.
You can sprinkle the crushed candy canes over the top of the white chocolate. Put the baking sheet back into the fridge and leave it for at least 20 minutes so that the white chocolate layer will be set.
Tips To Make The Best Matcha Mint Chocolate Bark
Although making matcha mint chocolate bark is pretty easy, there are still some points you should keep in mind to get the best results.
Use High-Quality Chocolate
No matter what type of chocolate bark you are making, it will only taste as nice as the chocolate you are using.
Although this recipe includes matcha and mint extract, one of the strongest flavors of the bark will be the dark chocolate layer so this needs to taste good.
High-quality chocolate will also melt more easily. Some lower-quality chocolates don’t melt as smoothly and can remain clumpy but this is unlikely with high-quality chocolate.
If you want a chocolate bark that looks smooth and shiny, too, then high-quality chocolate will have this glisten.
Use A Double Boiler
In the recipe instructions, we detailed how to use a double boiler.
We highly recommend using this method whenever you melt chocolate as it gives you more control over how your chocolate melts and makes it less likely that your chocolate will burn.
You can melt chocolate in a microwave too of course, but microwaves have a higher risk of burning chocolate and can leave your chocolate more clumpy.
If the double boiler method is impractical for any reason and you feel that you have to use a microwave, then there are a few steps you can take to protect your chocolate.
You shouldn’t microwave the chocolate for too long. Instead, short bursts of 10 to 20 seconds are a better choice as they will give you more control.
After every burst, take your chocolate out of the microwave and give the chocolate a good mix.
When the chocolate is nearly fully melted, stop microwaving it. The heat from the rest of the chocolate should be enough to melt any small bits that have yet to melt.
Be Quick With The White Chocolate Layer
It’s very important that when you pour the white chocolate layer onto the dark chocolate, you do this as quickly as possible.
The white chocolate will still be hot and melted and if you take too long, the dark chocolate layer will begin to melt and the layers will mix.
You want to get the baking sheet with the two layers back in the fridge as quickly as possible so don’t take too long when you smooth out the white chocolate and sprinkle the candy canes over the top.
Make sure you have the topping prepared before this step.
Making matcha mint chocolate bark is relatively easy.
Make sure you use high-quality chocolate and melt it evenly. Match mint chocolate bark is a great festive treat and we hope this recipe helps you make it.
- 7 Peanut Butter Bon Bon Recipes For Your Family - August 9, 2022
- 22 Delicious Bon Bon Recipes For Every Occasion - August 9, 2022
- 10 Sea Salt Hazelnut Crunch Bar Recipes You’ll Love - August 9, 2022